One bite at a time…
That’s the old joke, but I’m sure we all have those days and weeks when we are feeling overwhelmed and harried. As a result, we are stressed out and not functioning at our best.
So, how do we deal with days like that?
I find that making a list helps. When I have the whole list of things I need to do on paper, I can break it down. Here are a few questions that I ask myself after I’m done stewing:
- What needs to be done today; right now?
- What can be done later?
- What things are going to make the most impact?
- What needs to wait for someone else to do something?
- What do you have to get help with now?
- Can someone else do some of these tasks?
- What is scheduled?
- Is there anything I can say “no” to?
These few questions help me to break down the tasks and help me to de-stress a lot more than meditating or tapping, exercise or yoga. At least with this method, I know what to do, rather than having it all run around in my head overwhelming me.